Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Keeping the Rhymes Flowin'

I have an apartment now. It's not much but it's not ghetto, so I don't need more than that right now. Beggars / Choosers (you know) :P

I paid an application fee and a security deposit and I'll just have to pay the rent when I get there. $500 a month with all utilities included in that area is really great! I'll be leaving here Friday morning at about 6:00 AM, my plane departs at 10:35 AM and arrives in Atlanta, Georgia at 12:36 PM. I'm so unbelievable excited! I finally have a life. I finally have a future and something to look forward to!

I contacted Charter cable and they said they'd be by Saturday to connect the internet and phone there, so hopefully I won't be disconnected from communicating for too long. I have plans to start looking for a job on Saturday morning, then buying a few things I'll need for the apartment and maybe some food, then I'll wait around for the Charter people to get me set up. Monday is when I plan to start job hunting really hard.

I can't believe all this is really happening; it's incredible! What's even more surprising to me is the way everyone is happy for me and says I'm making the right choice by moving, and that they wish they could do it too! I never expected that! I expected "You're crazy, you're stupid, what the hell are you thinking, you can't just leave what you have here, etc.".

I suppose I'm not completely in the clear yet. I still need a little more money and I don't have a ride to Buffalo all planned out yet. Kim wants to take me but doesn't know if she can get off work, Lisa has to work so she can't, and if I want Sterling to take me I need to let him know REALLY soon-like. I just don't want to tell him to take off work if Kim's able to drive me. Hopefully I'll know something definitive by tomorrow.

I'm so damn close to living my dream life, I can't let something that simple stop me now. I can do this and I will. I will try my best to keep everyone updated on what I'm doing, if and when I get a job, and how everything is going for me. I'm sure it'll be mostly through this blog as I don't let much if anything stop me from just saying what I'm thinking or feeling. I feel more free when I write than when I speak, so for the best information on my life and what's happening with me; stay tuned. :P

WOW! Just a couple more days and EVERYTHING changes! It's one thing to think about what I'm doing, but when it's being acted upon and it's actually happening, it's mind shaking! I can't believe all this is happening, it's surreal. I feel like I'm in a light daze, a bit hypnotized. I don't know exactly what to expect and what challenges I'll have to face in the next couple of days and especially in the next month, but I do know that for once, I'm truly looking forward to something. I'm looking forward to the difficulties I'm going to have to face. It should be interesting! :P

No comments: